Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun philosophical fisticuffs...

Currently participating in a rather fun bit of philosophical fisticuffs on AUTOCAT between a Web/Libr 2.0 true believer and the big guns of AUTOCATland. I normally sit on the sidelines, or toss a grenade and run. I guess I sort of provoked our interlocutor to wander into AUTOCATland, sort of like a military reconnaissance scout launching a feint attack on a larger force, which gives pursuit and is lead into an ambush as they cross in front of our biggest guns, which open up on the invader. After the initial salvo, I swung back around and made a strafing run. Ah, such fun. I've been getting off-list private messages of support, back slaps, etc. Our interlocutor is a prolific poster, however, so it may have to wait until the weekend for me to respond at length over there.

I will probably be able to attend to this blog more now that I have a working Desktop PC at home in my bedroom and don't have to rely on my laptop. I love my laptop, but damn do I hate laptop keyboards. If I have to type anything over a paragraph on one it's just plain painful. The conflict averse are playing kissy-make up on AUTOCAT right now, with the list traffic slowing up a bit, but I'm not ready to make nice. I do think I've made most of my major points already, but half the fun is responding to the overblown rhetoric of my opponent. I don't have time to go into the details here, but it may be fodder for future postings.

No comments: