Saturday, June 09, 2007

De Lange Conference VI Proceedings now available

Got this in the mail, thought I'd share, since I attended this local shin-dig.
(and found people actually reading this blog--gaack!)

-JJR

======================================================
Dear Attendee,

The web site for the De Lange Conference VI Proceedings may be found at:
http://delange.rice.edu/VI/

In addition, many attendees have ask for the attendee list be sent out
via email to ONLY those who attended the conference. The information
that would be on this list includes name, affiliation and email only and
would be in the form of a PDF document. If you are opposed to having
your information sent out to the attendees, please respond to this email
by July 2, 2007.

Thank you again for making this conference one of the best we have had yet!

Sincerely,

De Lange Conference Committee
==========================================================

My affiliation will say "University of North Texas", since I was pressed for time and just put my library school affiliation instead of, say, Progressive Librarians Guild, which I'm actually a member of (I sit on the Coordinating Committee, in fact). PLG would've been better, I realized, but by the time I reached that conclusion the conference was already underway, the name placards already printed, etc. I did put "Alumnus, UNT/SLIS" but the Alumnus part got chopped off, making me look like a SLIS adjunct faculty member or a UNT Libraries professional librarian something, which was acutely embarrassing. Oh well.

It was worth going to, even though in the main it was still De-Pressing.
Good CV fodder, I guess.

No comments: