Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Well, shit...

FYI, I did not get selected for the USC Cataloging Librarian position, it has been filled by someone else, presumably a "better fit". Their mistake, but whatever.
I'm back on the job trail, and possibly starting on the book and article publishing trail, maybe...hoping maybe that might make a difference on my C.V.
Also given some thought to picking up some more SLIS courses...maybe even taking--in sequence--the school library certification required courses.
Even though I do not WANT to make a career as a high school librarian---well, any port in a storm, right?
Just one of the notions I toss round in my head from time to time...that or looking more earnestly at Corporate librarianship (despite my moral misgivings)

I do sometimes apply to Law library jobs, but without the JD, seems kind of pointless (and kind of silly to think about law school just to get a leg up on law library positions--I did wonder if paralegal training would give me an edge on law library jobs without going full monty and getting a law degree, but most people's opinions tended to be negative or "meh"---i.e. couldn't hurt but probably wouldn't really help either; I have thought about law school before--yet another fantasy notion I kick around in my head from time to time---Law is a topic that I find perversely fascinating--I feel very ambivalent love-hate feelings about the entire legal profession).
For now, I'm just staying focused with my corporate non-library gig, keeping on keepin' on, y'know?

1 comment:

mdjhome said...

JJR,

An old friend from HS calls you. Michael J. NJROTC, CHS, CO '88.

mdjhome@hotmail.com