Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flickr's internal "Net Nanny"


I posted this photo to my Flickr account. The original title I gave it was Yomiko, Cataloger Bad Ass. Evidently this cheeky title was enough to get the image tagged as "unsafe", and irony of ironies, I cannot add the image to ANY of my librarian-related photo pools, and only ONE of my anime groups. That is ironic beyond words.

I've renamed it Yomiko, Cataloger?, but that did not appease the Flickr gods. None of my tags are remotely offensive, but this is now a marked image, it is "dangerous" and "subversive" and not ready for prime time. The skirt of this statuette is actually removable, but I don't intend to ever confirm this personally. I know I'm sliding from mere Anime fan towards Otaku with this acquisition, but I promise it's my one and only statuette, and I think she's perfect for a librarian to own, wouldn't you agree?

UPDATE: I tried re-uploading the raw source file with an innocuous name and minimal tagging, but Flickr still flagged it as "not safe". Go figure. Yomiko is just too hot to handle, I guess...more woman than Flickr knows what to do with.

No comments: