Wednesday, July 29, 2009

NT23: Thing 17 - LibWorm

Well, it's certainly better than using Google. Nice way to tightly focus search results to get a gist of the current chatter in LIS circles on topics of interest to library and information professionals. I even saw results from this blog pop up, which was frankly a little embarrassing, but I'm very self-conscious in that way.
I guess I should think "hey, neat!". But on the other hand, I update so infrequently, I was a little surprised that I turned up in the first page of results on some queries, as high as result number 3 in one query. Odd.

I'd probably still use Databases and peer-reviewed journals for "serious" research and publication (such as, say, for tenure requirements, if I had that here, which I don't).
But still, as a quick way for measuring the "pulse" of the LIS world, LibWorm delivers the goods, I'd say. Nifty tool. Thanks, NT23, for introducing me to it.

No comments: