Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Thing 14, Delicious

Been there, done that. Broke down and set up my Delicious account not long after Texas Library Association annual conference 2009, user name "Aggiememenon". It was convenient to consolidate my bookmarks from all my home PCs, and from my Work PC. But I don't tote my laptop around very much, so I really don't have a huge use for Delicious, but I could see where it would be handy for people who move around a lot for their jobs (Consultants, etc) or Reference staff who don't have assigned terminals, etc.

I do have my own Desk in Tech Services that I sit in every day, so it's really not that much of an issue for me. I didn't even bother to bring my laptop to TLA this year, too much hassle to tote around. While a few lucky people had iPhones and iPod Touches, most did not. I'm envious of the people who have the smaller notebooks, those seem more portable and handy/useful.

So again my reaction to Delicious is mostly "meh". I see how it could be useful to some people, but as a practical matter it has little to offer me.

No comments: